James Webb Telescope Treasures

James Webb Telescope Treasures


Take a moment and gaze at the beauty of this recent picture.  It is from the James Webb Telescope.   There are over 20,000 galaxies pictured here.   This amazing snapshot from a small slice of the night sky shows the early universe with galaxies that are less than 900 million years old.   Infants in a universe that is estimated to be 13.8 billion years old.  


How can you not gaze at the wonders of the night sky and not feel amazement at the immensity of the world we live in.   How many billions are stars are in each of those galaxies?  Like most thinks involving the universe, it is mind numbing. 

WORKING ON THE LATEST VIDEOS

I've got a number of YouTube video projects in the works.   Here are two recent pictures that I took as a part of those projects.   The first one is at a night, despite it looking like a day picture.   I was experimenting taking long shot photos with my Canon EOS R10 camera guided by my telescope mount at night.


The following picture is my attempt at building a model with stars of the Big Dipper in the yard.   I am trying to show that the stars you see in the constellations are not all at the same viewing distance.  Nor are the stars the same color, size, or age.    We all had fun trying to figure this out in the yard!




How does the wonders of the Universe make you feel?  Share below! 

Enjoy learning more about Astronomy and Astrophotography?   Come explore with me with my newsletters and YouTube channel.

For my Astrophotography at Bortle 5 website, visit
https://astrophotography-at-bortle-5-omsmyt.mailerpage.io/

Visit my YouTube channel for more astrophotography
https://www.youtube.com/@astrobortle5

For the latest Blogger updates, subscribe to my Newsletter
https://tinyurl.com/2arry74k







No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Astro Blog!

  Welcome to my blog about all things astronomy and astrophotography! I will feature my latest pictures of the night sky, insights, stories,...