Craters and Phone Photography

 
Craters and Phone Photography

A few weeks ago, I did an experiment with my daughter to show her how craters are formed.   Took some flour, coca powder, and dropped a few different size objects while capturing it on the GoPro camera.  It was messy and a lot of fun.

I also follow up on a previous post on how to take photos with your phone camera.   I definitely had no luck with the normal camera apps on my Google Pixel phone or iPad.   I downloaded some free software that called ProCam X Lite HD Camera Pro.   This allows you to make some adjustments to get some descent pictures of the moon at night.

Great place to start your journey at taking pictures of the night sky is with the equipment everyone has:  their phone.  

If your pictures don't come out - don't fret!  Try some different settings by steadying your phone, change the focus, ISO, or speed.    It takes time to get good at it.     Enjoy the process.




Below is a screenshot I took setting everything up.  In summary - no flash; using a timer.  WB (white balance) on daylight.  Focus.  ISO at 100.   Speed starting around 1/125 to 1/250.  This last setting will need to be adjusted.  Too bright of a moon.   Speed it up.  Too dim.  Slow down the speed.


My Google Pixel 6a Moon Photo
Waxing Gibbous at 76%



How did your phone pictures of the moon come out?  Got some advice?   Share below! 

Enjoy learning more about Astronomy and Astrophotography?   Come explore with me with my newsletters and YouTube channel.

For my Astrophotography at Bortle 5 website, visit
https://astrophotography-at-bortle-5-omsmyt.mailerpage.io/

Visit my YouTube channel for more astrophotography
https://www.youtube.com/@astrobortle5

For the latest Blogger updates, subscribe to my Newsletter
https://tinyurl.com/2arry74k


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Astro Blog!

  Welcome to my blog about all things astronomy and astrophotography! I will feature my latest pictures of the night sky, insights, stories,...