Sparking Curiosity and Comet Neowise

Spring for astrophotographers is galaxy season.   However, this spring season has brought lots of rain and storms at my home as of late.    So until I can get a clear night at home, I'd like to revisit my photo of Comet Neowise in 2020.   I used my old Canon DSLR Camera and placed it on a tripod along side a side road on a dark night.   It seem like it took forever for me to locate the comet in the sky.   But I found it and snapped up a few pictures featured below.

There are rules for setting exposures to avoid star trails on cameras.   Sky and Telescope features a great article on this topic: 

Sky and Telescope.   

Astrophotographer Trevor Jones at Astrobackyard has an in-depth article on taking pictures of the stars at night at well found here: 

Astrobackyard

Comet Neowise 2020





Comet Neowise is a long-period comet that was discovered in 2020 by astronomers using the NASA NEOWISE program.    Learn more about the wildly successful NASA mission below.

Neowise Project

Comets are mostly made up of ice, dust and rock.  They are believed to be early remains from the formation of the solar system.   

In my newest YouTube video, I visit the topic of what sparked my curiosity for space.     We are doing our best as parents to spark curiosity in our daughter for learning about the world, culture, history, morality, and our faith.   



Join me on a trip down memory lane as I discuss what sparked my curiosity.   


What sparked your curiosity about space growing up?  Share below! 

Enjoy learning more about Astronomy and Astrophotography?   Come explore with me with my newsletters and YouTube channel.

For my Astrophotography at Bortle 5 website, visit
https://astrophotography-at-bortle-5-omsmyt.mailerpage.io/

Visit my YouTube channel for more astrophotography
https://www.youtube.com/@astrobortle5

For the latest Blogger updates, subscribe to my Newsletter
https://tinyurl.com/2arry74k

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Astro Blog!

  Welcome to my blog about all things astronomy and astrophotography! I will feature my latest pictures of the night sky, insights, stories,...